Saturday, July 6, 2013

Past Lives....

Next year will be 20 years since I graduated from high school.  To say that I didn't have the best experience is an understatement. Being teased bullied from grade one until you graduated scars the soul.  People would laugh and make fun of me and call me nasty names like whore, slut, so much that I use to think strangers were laughing at me. Not that it justifies it I wasn't a whore or a slut during that period of my life.   It took me years to get over this.  I went to a really small school.  Our graduating class had 47 people in.  So it wasn't like you could get a way from these people.
After we graduated I didn't see anyone from my school until one of my friends from school and I were in a class together at a local college. She told me know one knew where I went even though I lived in the same house I lived in until I graduated college.  They all thought that she was dead.  Evidently I went to school with a bunch of people that gave a real shit.
When I went to college I got to be who I always but could never express.  I was around people I could be myself with.  My dirty , dark sense of humor was liberated.  I became me finally.     I met my husband in college.  It was a great experience.  I've also been through a lifetime of shit that would  change anyone .  I had a miscarriage, a micro preemie, job loss, spiritual issues, health issues you name it.  These former classmates probably would not know how to deal with the person I had become.
I have a Facebook account like everyone else on this planet and that is how I got started thinking about these days.  I had put the bullshit behind me.   But then they added me to a page about a 20 year reunion.  I thought about it for about 2 weeks and said "Fuck it why would I go?" These people still act like they are in high school.  I'm good with my choice but it doesn't help the memories that it has brought up.

No comments:

Post a Comment