Monday, July 15, 2013

My Addiction

Last night I had a bad dream. The vending machine in the cafeteria at work was sold out of #42s. I have visited this machine so many times that I have memorized the number where my chocolate goodies reside. Number 42 peanut M & Ms. Those yellow bags of goodness help me make it through my workday. I work in Human Resources if that explains anything.
On really bad workdays I have to buy 2 bags but hope knows one notices. Some days I hide the second bag as I leave the room. Other days I hope that they think the other bag is for a co-worker. Because no one buys 2 bags at the same time from the vending machine.
Damn you vending machine man when you like to mix it up and put plain M & Ms in a spot reserved for my precious peanuts. The disappointment is deep. Why couldn’t you have started a second row for the plain M & Ms I didn’t notice the Whatchamacallits disappearing quickly and those Honey Buns sure have stuck around for a long time. I guess I’ll just have to buy the regular M & Ms. And yes I will eat them even though I don’t like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment