Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My little Lucy Lu Lu

When my husband and I got engaged we got a cat.  I wasn't much for jewelry so I thought that I would get a lot more enjoyment out of a kitty then bling.  He was that cat that was just like a potato chip.  After him we wanted more then one.  He was an older cat when we got him about a year and a half.  Orange and white.  Big and fluffy.  With a pooch to boot.
We lost him almost 2 years ago.  Thinking about it now still brings tears to my eyes.  Even my dad who likes to proudly profess that he isn't much of fan of cats wept with us.  My dad might have like cats but Fiscal sure gravitated to him.
Fast forward to last July.  I was on maternity leave after a pretty crappy 2 months.  My daughter A  had to have emergency surgery.  We had just had a micro preemie HP after I had been on bed rest in the hospital for about a month.  I know our life isn't crazy enough.  Let's add a kitty to the mix.  We went down to the kill animal shelter when they were having there buy one get one kitty free special.  Thank goodness we didn't indulge in that insanity.  But I was ready to get the little black male fluffy kitty that I had always gone out with the idea of bringing home but hadn't yet in my cat collecting.
We test drove the little black fluffy kitty.  He was okay nothing special.  Then we saw Miss Elledora sitting pretty on top of her mommy in her cage.  The kids thought she was sweet so I said what the heck.  She was a little burst of energy in the bonding room.  The kids and Mr. P wanted him so I said what the heck no black kitty again.
So in a few days little Elledora became Lucy.  Or Lucy Lu Lu as I affectionately call her sometimes. She is the replica  of our beloved Fiscal appearance wise right down to the marks on her face but minus the pooch.  Behavior wise though that's a whole different story.
Her best friend and partner in crime is our 2 year old bassett Snoopy aka Snoop Dog.  They work together to steal food. She sleeps on his crate. He's gentle with her when rough housing and she holds him down to clean his face.  The other and oldest members of the Little Tiny Kitty Committee now that's a different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment